Thursday, August 26, 2010

copy of my comment to superbianca's post......

Happy 7th year to you blog....i just started my blog this month and finally i found a place where i can share my thoughts and experiences with others.
we're of the same age, i turned 27 last february and yes like you i have my own life changing experience in the 27 years of existence....
born in a family where everything is well provided....we're not rich but i would say i am blessed to have the kind of parents that prepared and planned to have a family of their own.
schooled in an all girls- catholic school, i grew up prim and proper and with values that my parents inculcated to us i would say i live life the way it should be.....and being looked up by people i our community, to others what a beautiful life, i have nothing to worry in life, now that i'm taking my LLB though i have a job that pays me well my parents still support my law school and even pay for my apartment, indeed a life to be jealous of for other people....
People didn't see the girl or the lady who struggle all her life to make a name of her own, not just she is the daughter of________,
in college i took up BS Management in UP Iloilo in preparation for someday be in the world of Business, banking where my parents have their investements, Unibersidad ng Pilipinas is the turning point, the prim and proper me became the girl who joined and shouted "Iskolar ng Bayan,Tuloy pa rin ang laban," and the girl who for 16 years have the best amenities in her fingertips, now has to "bomba" for water to take a bath and instead of cd music to sleep her for the night now has the singing of frogs bring her to sleep, the girl looked up having all the values can now be seen in bars until the wee hours and now knows all the best drinks in town, the catholic-schooled girl now goes to school in her pj's or in days she got enough time to prepare goes in her mini skirts paired with colored nails and with full make-up....
those were the turning point, my 1st two years in UP Iloilo showed and made me experience the life that was shielded from me, the reality of life that we need to fall to learn, twas in those days shouting in the streets that i met the real people that they have something to fight for, that life is a war to be fought to succeed, they need to fight poverty, fight for their scholarships to be in school and wait for their monthly stipend to buy for his sick father's medicine.....after two years being with them made me realized that i got to do something because i have so much blessings in life...in my 3rd year in UP i joined a theater group where i honed my passion for acting and this time i was able to help the street children by giving workshop to them every summer until i graduated, i became a volunteer in our orgs outreach activities and at the same time in the last two years in UP i was in the dean's list.....
And now the girl who struggled to make a name of her own has done it....i got employed in government instead of helping out in our family business, and proud to say i am where i am without my parents connection and i do what i love doing most, i am a head of a unit in the office of the governor of sarangani, we conduct provincial outreaches to farflung barangays, it may be beyond what i dreamed of, be in an airconditioned office in a business suit but the fulfillment i have now is more than the comfort that i can have....

No comments:

Post a Comment